Baby Sense by Pricillia Dunstan

Review or request feedback on an islamic book, a parenting book, or any other beneficial book.
UmmMaryam

Baby Sense by Pricillia Dunstan

Postby UmmMaryam » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Studying and identifying baby into one of visual/ hearing/ tactile and taste&smell (emotional) and solving behavioral issues using that identification and what the baby (upto 5 years old) will respond to the best. Has anyone read this? What do you think?

UmmMaryam

Postby UmmMaryam » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:54 am

If anyone is interested I can type a summary/ exerpt

UmmeMahad

Postby UmmeMahad » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:20 am

Sis is there anything about gagging at the moment my son 2 yrs still on puree food its just stressing me and taking all the help and reserch that I can think of.

UmmMaryam

Postby UmmMaryam » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:18 am

sorry sis to be no help, nothing on gagging, just behavioral issues. What did the doctor say about that? Is his nose alright, i.e not blocked etc, maybe do a google search and see if any other mums experienced this? Must be stressful for you, 2 yrs old and puree food doesnt sound right.

UmmeMahad

Postby UmmeMahad » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Thanks sis for the help. His nose is alright have done heaps of research on the net and its quite common with the kids I personally know 2 of my friends whose kids were like that. According to the net he might get better by the age of 5 according to the doctors they don't know the reason they say it's my fault giving him puree food but this is my second and I did exactly the same as with my first.

Inshallah will be taking him to chiro and taking to speech therapist as well who does food thereapy.

Just keep him in duas that he gets better.

UmmMaryam

Postby UmmMaryam » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:14 pm

may Allah swt make your affairs easy sis

SnowWhite

Postby SnowWhite » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Assalam alekom,

Sis did you see a pediatrician for that?
How did your friends kids start eating solids?
When your son started solids at 6 months did you 1st start by giving him puree, then mashed food and then later finger food at about 7.5m?? My girls started eating by themselves some meals at 7.5 and dd2 at about 8m. It is normal for them to gag at 1st and then they will learn & then they will spit it out if something gets stuck like when dd2 was eating orange & gets stuck she spits the skin out,and get better at it. My dh was more scared then me to see them eat on their own, but they had to learn & now they eat everything. DD1 eats by herself since 2 with the spoon & fork, AlhamduAllah
mashaAllah

UmmeMahad

Postby UmmeMahad » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 am

Yes I saw two pedrition for that and none of them was concerned that was when he was 1 and half.
My friends kids started eating by themselves like me try different things like at the moment I give him grapes and he bites on it but spits it out.

Sis I did started solids at 6 months and with the puree he used to gag a lot so i slowed down he first started on baby foods from market as he used to gag soo much on home cooked puree and and around 8 to 9 months he started handling with the home cooked puree food. I used to give him finger food like piece of bread and whenever I used to have toast with jam used to give him but he used to always spit it out and gags. If he did that 1 to 2 times I could understand but all the time was a bit frustrating for me.
Also on the new I reserched that kids with few allergies it's quite common for them.

SnowWhite

Postby SnowWhite » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Assalam alekom,

Sis inshaAllah he will outgrow it. All kids are different at the end we can't compare kids.
May Allah make it easy for you.
SubhanaAllah mums do a lot, when you think about it.

Return to “Book Reviews”